Monday, April 13, 2009

Spiderwood

I had my first chance to check out Spiderwood (the new 'dungeon' area) today. Fun place. I took my witch through it for a bit first, but didn't fight a whole lot past the first few levels, since she couldn't use her spear very much (needing to keep a torch in-hand due to all the webbing). Eventually, I turned her invisible, and ran her through to the end of the dungeon. After that, I ran Porphyria through a bit (her celestial claw makes her pretty much immune to webbing), since I wanted to try fighting some of the monsters at the end of the dungeon. She had an easy enough time with the rhax, but couldn't put much more than a dent in the gigantic spiders there... May have to come through with a group sometime. I tried to have Porphyria kill the critter at the end (I won't spoil the surprise for anyone by telling what it is...) whereupon she had her ass squarely handed to her. Porphyria lasted about 4-6 rounds before I had to take her out of combat, since she had had both wings disabled and had been taken down to 100 chest (out of a maximum of about 650)... Ouch. I might try it again with a proper group together, but I wouldn't be too optimistic about the group's chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment