Friday, April 10, 2009

Crystal Cubes

Well, now that it's been long enough to really get a feel for the New World, I have to say that I'm quite smitten with it. The world seems a lot more like a place with actual geography now, and not just a plane upon which a bunch of 'areas' are scrunched up together. There's a bit more of an ecosystem now, and I can't wait to see how it will be fleshed out.

One of the cool little amenities to come as a result of the new map is crystal cubes, which allow you to 'see' a bit of the map in your character's vicinity. I have to say that they're certainly a welcome addition, since the fact that there's an actual topography now means that it's a lot more difficult to really plan a course from point A to point B, especially since room descriptions don't always say what's further than a square or two away (understandably, since including everything in your character's line of sight to the horizon would probably take a page of description). I know the cubes help me enormously, since I've never been very good at envisioning topography in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this, it’s very nice and useful. You can find here some Crystal cubes. Heart touching Crystal gifts from 3d laser blessings stands tall and score incredible gratefulness. The remembrances are dazzling and different to make pride ownership after accepting them as blessing by the decision made through 3d laser endowments.

    ReplyDelete